I had no idea what to blog about today when I remembered a few weeks ago I got tagged by Kelly Lyman and Southern Princess to answer these questions. So thank you for the blog topic ladies! I don't know what I would have done without you.
There are a lot of them, so skim away.
1) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
I’m still working on my NaNo story. I wrote 1000 words for it this morning. The first thing I wrote two and a half years ago when I decided I wanted to write was a short story about fairies. It was actually kind of funny-- one of the few pieces I wrote at the beginning that I don't hate now.
2) Write poetry?
3) Angsty poetry?
I don’t think I write angsty anything.
4) Favorite genre of writing?
To write: MG.
To read: probably YA or literary fiction.
5) Most annoying character you've ever created?
Gracie, my MC’s best friend in UNDERGROUND
6) Best plot you've ever created?
Written or not yet written (I haven't written all that much!)? I’ve got some great ones in my head right now, but the best one I’ve actually written is probably UNDERGROUND (my MG novel-- it's about tunnels and bank robbers and young love).
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
I wrote a short story last year about a boy who discovers a room in his house where time stops. Let’s just say, it wasn’t as great as he thought it would be.
8) How often do you get writer's block?
9) Write fan fiction?
10) Do you type or write by hand?
Type. My hand hurts after about 200 words when I try to write by hand.
11) Do you save everything you write?
Not EVERYTHING, but I do save a couple drafts of everything I’ve written.
12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
13) What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
Probably the short story from last year.
14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Made up places.
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Uh, do I really have to say—it’s an embarrassingly large number.
18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?
I think I won something for a story I wrote in grade school. Does that count?
19) What are your five favorite words?
Ugh, Bah, Um, Uh, and Huh
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?
I really don’t know. I think a lot of my characters have some of my personality traits, but I don’t think any of them are very much like me.
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
From people I know.
22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?
23) Do you favor happy endings?
Usually. I love ironic endings too, even if they're sad.
24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes, but I still make TONS of mistakes.
25) Does music help you write?
Not really. I find it a little distracting.
26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.
These are my last few sentences from yesterday’s writing:
“Man, are you crying?” A voice asked.
My hands flew up to my cheeks, and sure enough they were wet. I wiped them with my palms, and tried to look tough as I replied, “Allergies.”
I think I'm supposed to tag more people, so I'm going to tag all of my new friends named Sara or Sarah, because they're all awesome:
Sarah Forgrave at Every Woman's Journey
Sara McClung at The Babbling Flow of a Fledgling Scribbler
Hopefully you haven't already been tagged!
Go check out the Sara(h)'s blogs. You won't regret it.
And question for the day: Do you ever have a hard time coming up with blog topics? What do you blog about when you have nothing to say?