Friday, November 25, 2011

Tangled Tides Release and WINNERS

"Yara Jones doesn't believe in sea monsters--until she becomes one."

The day has come! Karen Hooper's debut, TANGLED TIDES, releases today.

Tangled Tides includes several different species of mythical monsters and a battle is going on between mermaids, selkies, gorgons and sirens. To celebrate the day Karen has asked us to choose a side.

This was an easy choice for me, because as much as I love the selkies, gorgons and sirens in Tangled Tides, the mermaids and mermen are by far the coolest.

I choose MERFOLK!

You can choose a side too. Karen's blog has info on all the creatures and details about how you can participate.

Now, as promised, I'm going to announce the winners of the TANGLED TIDES giveaway and send two of you your very own copy. And the winners (chosen by random.org) are: E.R. King and Elaine AM Smith! CONGRATULATIONS! I'll email you and get these in the mail ASAP.


YAY KAREN! I know this day has been a long time coming and I hope it's every bit as wonderful as you've hoped it would be.

Karen is giving away a signed copy of her book and some other sea creature themed prizes. To enter, join the underwater web war on Twitter. Tweet which sea creatures you’re rooting for and why. Include the hashtag #TangledTides and you could win.

Karen will be on Twitter all day celebrating and answering questions, so stop by and say hello. @Karen_Hooper



Here are a few places to buy the book and read reviews:

9 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Go, sirens! Sorry, Natalie, I had to stick by my team. ;)

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Thanks so much, Nat.
And congrats to the winners! I hope you enjoy the book.

Yay team merfolk!
Although I love all the sea creatures so I can't choose a side.

This book wouldn't have been possible without you. *hugs*

Wen Baragrey said...

Congratulations, Karen and to the winners! I can't wait to wait to get my copy :)

May-Day_Aura said...

Team Sirens FTW! Wings are way cooler than fins. =P I'm super excited for Karen and can't wait to read my copy of TT.

erica m. chapman said...

Team SIRENS!! LOL, I'm thrilled for Karen. Got my copy on my kindle! I'll be reading it tonight!! Great post, Natalie!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving ;o)

Amanda J. said...

Totally team merfolk! :D

Elaine AM Smith said...

Wicked smart, fast and powerful, what's not to love? Go team GORGONS!

I couldn't be more thrilled for Karen and *squee as a winner I can't wait for my copy so I can submerge myself in this book ;)

DL Hammons said...

*Snaps fingers* Dang it!

Congrats winners!! :)

Elaine AM Smith said...

Hi Natalie
Same post? Hope all is well with you.
*squeee Never guess what arrived in the post today? :D
Thanks to you, and the competition, I have received my copy of TANGLED TIDES by Karen Amanda Hooper. I can't wait to start reading. *skimming through pages already