You know how every few months there's an auction for a good cause and agents donate critiques that go for $1000 each? How would you like to win an agent critique without the crazy price tag?
My agent, Sara Megibow, has decided to offer a 50 page critique on a finished OR unfinished manuscript, to help promote THE SECRET UNDERGROUND. While we encourage all entrants to buy a copy of the book, (with all the profits going to help a sick baby boy named Jayden), purchase is not required.
All you have to do to win is leave a comment on this post.
Easy peasy, right?
Here's Sara with the details:
- submission can be from finished or unfinished work
- sample pages (up to 50 pages) must be to me by Feb 28, 2013
- Submissions must be in a genre I represent: middle grade, young adult, romance, science fiction or fantasy (no mystery, horror, picture books, memoirs, or nonfiction)
- You do NOT have to buy a copy of THE SECRET UNDERGROUND to win, however I've auctioned off critiques this year for $1200, so please consider that $8 (or $4 for the eBook), which goes to charity, is a REALLY GOOD DEAL. I've bought copies as holidays gifts, birthday gifts, party favors, house warming gifts, for my own bookshelf. Come on, help baby Jayden! Regardless of format (ebook, print book, audio book) - all sales help! If you'd like to buy a copy, there are links to booksellers on the sidebar.
- submissions can be your book OR someone else's (which means - yes, you can give this critique as a gift to someone for the holidays as long as that person's book fits my above mentioned criteria)
- to enter, simply post a comment on Natalie's blog. Any comment.
- This giveaway will close Wednesday, December 12 at midnight PST, when Natalie will chose ONE winner using Random.org. Natalie will announce that winner on Thursday, December 13.
This is an amazing opportunity. I speak from experience when I say Sara's critiques are always spot on and extremely helpful.
Good luck to everyone!
Sara Megibow is an agent at Nelson Literary Agency.
Sara is on Twitter @SaraMegibow
Sara is on Publishers Marketplace (with client info and general opinions and tastes): http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/SaraMegibow/