Friday, September 4, 2009

What are the odds?

I've been meaning to start a blog about writing for the past few months, but the events of yesterday spurred me into action.

This is mostly because yesterday I got a call. From an agent. A fabulous agent with a really wonderful agency. YAY! I'm still so excited and I'm breaking sentence structure rules!

She offered representation! She said I was wonderfully "talented" (this might be my new favorite word). And that she's super excited about my middle grade novel, Underground! And that all the people at the agency thought my middle grade voice was perfect!

Anyway, I can't say yet who the offering agent is because I have a couple of full manuscripts still being considered by other agents. But I think I should be able to say for sure by the middle of the month.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this! It kind of feels like I won the lottery! I know a good part of this was just luck and I feel very, very, lucky. It doesn't mean my book will be published, but it does move it one step closer :)

So, if you want to be my friend and follow me through the perils of editor submissions and (hopefully) beyond, welcome.

18 comments:

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

My most proud moment in history to date. I am THE FIRST follower of Natalie Bahm's (future best selling author) blog. Woot! I'm so proud of you. Still throwing confetti and doing my happy dance. YAY NAT!!!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Karen sent me here, Natalie, so I get to be next to say Congratulations! I hope you do something special tonight, because this is momentous. I shall make myself a follower and boost the blog, too.

Lazy Writer said...

Karen sent me, too. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how it goes for you.

Jody Hedlund said...

Came over from Karen's blog! What an exciting time for you! I was just recently offered representation too and I'm moving forward through the maze of publishing houses. It's exciting and yet scary both! I wish the very best!

Rebecca @sometimesnonsense said...

I'm following in line I guess. : ) I came from Karen's blog and wanted to say Congratulations! What an amazing time for you, and I'm thrilled you decided to start a blog to share the expereince with us. I look forward to reading about your incredible journey towards publication!

Jessica said...

Hi Natalie,
I saw your name on two different blogs, so I'm just popping by to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very awesome. :-)

Marie Devers said...

Natalie, look at you! I can't wait to read your fantabulous blog!

MeganRebekah said...

Sorry I'm so late in commenting - that's what you get for starting a blog on a Friday night! :)

Cograts again Nat! I can't wait until others are able to go out and buy Underground!

Terri Tiffany said...

Congratulations to you!!! Always happy to hear great news about another writer!

Joyce Wolfley said...

Congratulations! I love hearing these stories.

Mrs.Trujillo said...

Hi there! Karen sent me over. Looking forward to hearing all about it! :)

Jenn Johansson said...

Congratulations Natalie! My other friend Natalie also just got "the call"... maybe September is the month of the Natalies'. ;)

Jennifer said...

I'm too excited for you!

Tabitha Bird said...

I am doing a happy dance for you too! Congrats! Karen sent me your way and I am glad she did. I love finding out about new authors and that exciting time when they get 'The Call.' Enjoy this process, I am sure you have worked very hard for the rewards that are coming your way. :)Can't wait to hear more about your journey:))

Chelle Sandell said...

Congrats, Natalie! I love to support fellow writers in their journey. How exciting for you!!

Patti said...

I saw your name on Karen's blog and decided to come by and offer my congratulations. It's great to see people succeed.

Jennifer Shirk said...

What wonderful news! Congrats!

jkinkade said...

Hey, congrats! Just found your blog. You must be over the moon. Can't wait to follow you :-)