Thursday, March 4, 2010

Me, as a Liar

I have a few blog awards to pass on and one of them involves creative lying, which is something I do well.

I think I'm going to have to save a few of these for next week, just so I don't have a crazy long post, but I'll do 3 today.

First up: The Circle Of Friends Award.
This was given to me by a lovely new friend and new blogger Nicole Dulcleroir.

I was thinking about all my blog friends and there are SO MANY. I always talk about my critique group girls, who are my ultimate circle of friends, but I've given them awards already so I thought I'd give this one to a new little circle of friends, my agent buddies Sarah Skilton and Miranda Kenneally. They are both represented by Sara Megibow and they are both super cool girls, so check them out. Miranda is more of a Tweeter than a blogger so you should go see her on Twitter @MirandaKeneally.

Next: The Sunshine Award
BJ Anderson gave me this little beauty. BJ has been a bloggy friend for a long time and she's a great writer to get to know.

I'm going to pass this along to a few new friends: Mariah Irvin, because she is hilarious and Derek Whisman, because he's new to blogging and he's got great taste in books.



And last: The "Creative Writer" Award
This was given to me by the beautiful and talented Erica at Laugh Write Play and sassy sarcastic Matt at Pensive Sarcasm.

Both are encouraging me to tell LIES, and I intend to take them up on their offer. But I'm going to switch up the rules and tell 6 truths and 1 lie instead of the other way around. Here they are:

1. I once threw up all over a fireman
2. I only dated my husband for 4 months before we got married
3. I've never seen an episode of LOST
4. I have several exciting things happening now that I can't share with you yet
5. I didn't like reading when I was kid and I often fudged book reports by reading only the back cover and the last page.
6. The best class I ever took in college was called "Walt Disney's Influence on American Culture." We mostly watched cartoons.
7. I love lima beans and I've never understood why they get such a bad rap.

I'd like to pass this one on to two good honest people who might enjoy a little lying: DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude and Jamie Debree at The Variety Pages.

And there you have it. I'll try to catch up on the rest next Friday. Thank you everyone! And feel free to try to guess the lie. I might tell you what it is... someday.

27 comments:

Sandy Shin said...

Ooh, now I am sitting and wondering which one is the lie... Number 3?

quixotic said...

Awards are so much fun. I wonder which one is the truth???

quixotic said...

I meant lie ... which one is the lie.

Derek Whisman said...

Thank you, Natalie. And I'm very happy you have returned to us from your unplugged week...even if you didn't get as much written as you would have liked lol. Glad you're back blogging nonetheless.

If I had to guess the lie, I would guess it is something as subtle as the number of months you dated your husband. Could be a few more or a few less, even. So I guess that one.

Corey Schwartz said...

Hmm, clueless on which is the lie. But I certainly hope it's not #4!!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

#7 has to be the lie, because lima beans, blech. I've tried them with special sauce and nothing worked. If that's not the lie, I want your secret to yummy limas!

Marie Devers said...

I say 5 is the lie. I am pretty sure you've always loved books!

Jamie D. said...

Hi Natalie - thanks so much for passing that on to me. :-) I've gotten it several times now...better get hoppin', eh? ;-)

As for the lies...I'm going to guess it's either #3 or #5 - though three seems too obvious? Hmm. Looking forward to your reveal...

Caroline Starr Rose said...

hmmm...

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

I know we've discussed you and your hubby dating and I don't remember it only being for four months. I could be wrong, but I'm calling that one as the lie. I think it was longer.

Jemi Fraser said...

I think it's #3 - my hubby still has never seen an episode - so I know it's possibe :)

Sarah Skilton said...

Thanks, Natalie :) I'll have to go say hello to Miranda!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congrats on your pretty new blog bling, Natalie! :-)

Jessica said...

Ooh, I really hope the "several things in the works" means some GREAT news! :-)
I don't know which one is a lie 'cause I barely know you, but they're all pretty funny truths.
:-)

DL Hammons said...

It's #7! Has to be because I can't stand lima beans.

Congrats to you and my fellow award winners. You couldn't be more right about relishing the chance to tell a few tall tales. I'm brainstorming already. Thank you so much!!

Kimberly Franklin said...

I love this liar award! And I agree with DL, your lie has to be #7 because ewww... who likes lima beans??? YUCK! ; )

Congrats on your awards!

Mariah Irvin said...

Thanks for the award, Natalie!

I have no clue about the lies... number #3? I haven't seen LOST either. SHH! Don't tell anyone!

Aubrie said...

I'm going with everyone else and guessing #3 probably because I've seen every single one (some of them multiple times) and I can't imagine someone who hasn't!

VR Barkowski said...

I don't watch television and I've still been exposed to Lost, so I'm going to go with #7 instead. Although I suppose there must be someone out there who likes lima beans. Are you that someone?

Wendy (aka quillfeather). said...

Congrats!

Lots of lovely links for me to check out :)

I guess #5?

Erica said...

Wow. Thank you so much for the kind words, you are such a sweetie! Congrats on your awards ;o)

Oh, I'm going to guess #5 is the lie ;o)

Going to check out those blogs you linked too!

L.T. Elliot said...

I say #6 is true!

Congrats on all the awards! =]

Georgina said...

Oh come on! There must be two fibs in there because I just can't believe either #5 or #7! LOL. Congratulations on all the awards! - G

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats on the awards!

I think the lie is #3!

Sarah Forgrave said...

Creative lying...lol! Hmm, I'm going to guess you fudged about the husband one. Maybe it was 5 months instead of 4??? :-)

Vonna said...

I haven't eaten a lima bean in thirty years which was when I left home to get married and no longer had to eat whatever my mother cooked, so I'm going with that one as the lie and I'm looking forward to hearing more about #4.

Tara said...

Hi Natalie, nice to meet you :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Congrats on your awards!