Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm Thankful for Writers

I love Thanksgiving. It's one of my very favorite holidays.


This is mostly because of all the amazing food. I LOVE turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, and sweet potatoes. LOVE. But this year I'm on a diet. The my-baby-is-allergic-to-milk-and-soy-and-I-don't-want-to-give-up-nursing-yet-diet. This means I cannot eat BUTTER which is the base of every good Thanksgiving dish.


So this year Thanksgiving is not about the food. This year I'm going to be focusing on the long, long list of things I'm grateful for while I watch my family enjoying all the lovely food and I eat my mashed potatoes made with rice milk and margerine.

It'll be great.

Near the top of my long, long list of things I'm grateful for are WRITERS. I'm thankful for the worlds they create and the stories they tell. I'm grateful for all the writers I'm privilaged to know through blogging and twitter and in real life and I'm grateful for the writers who inspire me through the books they write. You make my life richer. Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate this time of year!

What are you grateful for?


20 comments:

Candyland said...

Ditto! Writers, my fam, and I'd be nowhere with New Medicine :)

Heather Eagar said...

Thanks for your post Natalie! I'm thankful for my family, having a job, God, and definately the writing world.

Sara B. Larson said...

That is a wonderful sacrifice you are making for your baby. I did a gratitude post today, too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am grateful for writers, too!!

Catherine Denton said...

Agreed! I'm thankful for God, family, good health, delectable words, imagination and paint.
Catherine Denton

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

So sorry about the allergy problem, but I hope you still enjoy your alternate dinner. ;)
I love this holiday for its warmth and togetherness, and I find those same qualities in many writers who blog. Thank you, Natalie, and everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

Pk Hrezo said...

I agree. My fave holiday as well. I'm thankful for all the supportive writers in the blogosphere who make writing a not-so-solo endeavour. :)

Happy Turkey week! Gobble Gobble!

Diane said...

Thankful for peace... even if it's not around me all the time, it's still in my heart! Happy Thanksgiving! :O)

Sarah Skilton said...

Lovely post :)

I'm thankful for amazing friends and family, holiday lights, great food and drink, and days off from work to relax and enjoy all those things!

Stephanie Thornton said...

I feel your diet pain- I had to go corn, soy, milk, and nut free for a while with my daughter. Best diet ever, but pretty lame!

I'm thankful for writers too. But mostly I'm thankful for my family and every day I get to spend with them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I'm thankful for you! xo

Joanne Fritz said...

Nice post, Natalie. What's great about Thanksgiving is everyone celebrates it.

I'm thankful for family most of all, and secondly for the fact that I'm still here to give thanks with them on Thursday.

Have a fun Thanksgiving. Giving up butter's annoying, but it's a small price to pay for knowing you can still feed your baby!

AND, you can still eat turkey. Yum!

Tabitha Bird said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too :)

And I am thankful for the writing community as well :))

Regina said...

I am thankful for all of my friends and family. I also am very thankful that my brain feeds me some creativity to put on paper from time to time.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

DL Hammons said...

I'm thankful for this blogosphere, which has provided me so much more than I could ever express.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jessica Nelson said...

Definitely writers. And definitely my life. I'm so blessed in pretty much every way. I hope I can be a blessing to someone else.
Sorry to hear about your baby! Hope you like your potatoes. :-)

Jill Kemerer said...

I'm crying inside for you. No butter. No milk. No goodness. I'm so sorry.

Try and have a happy Thanksgiving. :)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Great post! I'm thankful for my family, my friends (especially the insane writerly ones), and writing.

Jaime said...

I second your thankfulness for writers!!!

Erica M. Chapman said...

Aww, what a great post! I'm thankful for the readers too as well as the fantastic writers out there ;o) Oh and my friends and fam, of course!

Hope you are well!

Sara said...

Happy writing! You are so talented - hopefully the bumps in the road are nothing more than a good excuse to bake cookies. *cheers* from your teammates!
-Sara M