Friday, June 8, 2012

How to Write a Book in one CRAZY Month

In May I wrote a book.


(I'd started it in March, so I guess I didn't write a WHOLE book in May, just 150 of it's 180 pages).


And I revised it.


And I edited it.


All while planning Jayden's auction, working on another huge writing project, and doing all the regular stuff a mom of four does the last month of school.


IT WAS INSANE.  I slipped writing into every spare minute, early in the morning, during nap times, and late at night.  At the beginning of the month I didn't think I could even finish the first draft, much less get the whole thing done, but luckily this was a book that wanted to be written. It's a book I'm really proud of, and it's been a long time since I could say that about anything I've written.


Now I need a few weeks to catch up.  My kids have their last week of school next week and there are about a million other things I let slip through the cracks during this crazy time.  I promise to be back in a few weeks with a lot of exciting stuff to share.


Jayden's Auction finishes SUNDAY!  All the stuff is posted now, so bid away!  We've been so thrilled with how it's gone.  This really is an amazing community and I know everyone's donations are going to make such a huge difference to Jayden's family.  Thank you SO MUCH.


13 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I get to read, right?? :)

Ted Cross said...

That's amazing and awesome! I'm only on chapter 16 of my new book...after more than a year of writing.

Patti said...

Wow, that's amazing. I need to be more disciplined and finish my book.

Thomas Taylor said...

That does sound a bit insane! But I'm glad to hear you can be so creative in spare moments. I struggle some days, and I only have two children:-/

Now I'm off to check that auction...

Jade said...

That's mental!!! Go you!

Keisha Martin said...

That's wonderful, I always feel the WIP that makes me juggle my routine so I can fit in writing is the wip that will written with passion, looking forward to your updates.=O]

Wen Baragrey said...

It was a totally awesome effort and the results are completely worth it too!

erica m. chapman said...

Wow! Great job, that's not easy to do! So glad the auction is going well ;o)

DL Hammons said...

That sounds like the kind of book that's fun to write! Kudo's to you!! :)

Jen said...

you have a new follower Natalie :)

I just read your post about whether blogging was dead - very interesting and sad
I like writing and I see it as a place to do so for me


WTG re your new book :)

bless you for all the work youve put into Jaydens auction and THANK YOU!! for helping them :) Did you know I was Ems aunty?

Sarah Skilton said...

Congratulations, my friend. It must be a really special story that had to be told.

olmpic station park said...

web designers in uk
Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.
web designers in bradford
used bikes in london

Sunayna Prasad's blogs said...

Wow, that's impressive. I wish I could write a novel in 30 days. Although I wrote my second one in a month when In was about 16.