Monday, June 25, 2012

What to do when you finish a book

In the past few weeks I have:

-Attended oodles of end-of-school-year activities and programs
-Refinished a dining room table and chairs
-Cleaned out my kitchen
-Traveled to a family reunion and slept in a yurt
-Painted a desk

That really doesn't look like a lot of things, but it was, trust me!

Anyhow, I'm sorry I've been away and haven't been focused on writerly things.  Right now, I'm desperate to start a new book--two weeks away is about all I can handle.  All the other things I planned to repaint and clean out will just have to wait.

How is summer treating you?  Are you writing?  Doing house projects?  Vacationing in Maui?

5 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

1. Are you kidding me? This list is huge!

2. Love the new photo.

3. Where was your reunion -- Mongolia??

DL Hammons said...

My summer looks like my fall, which looks like my winter, which looks like my spring. I do my best to avoid any kind of housing project, and I'd rather be vacationing in Alaska!

Have fun starting that new book! :)

Laurel Garver said...

That sounds like quite the list of projects! Refinishing furniture especially takes forever. I am in awe.

I hope to delegate some painting and decluttering to my professor hubby who has August off. Maybe then I'll manage to write more than 1k words a week. :-)

Jen said...

wow!! youve been busy!!

Jaime Wright said...

You had me at "yurt"! What IS that? :)