Monday, October 1, 2012

How Book Sales will Help Jayden

Hi everyone!

It's been quite the weekend.  Thank you to everyone who has bought a copy of The Secret Underground or tweeted/blogged/facebooked about it. I wish I could give all of you a big hug! Every single sale makes a difference to Jayden's family.


I thought I'd tell you about just one big expense that Jayden's parents have on a regular basis.

Most parents know that formula can be super expensive, it's not unusual for a family to spend $20-$40 a week just on formula. Jayden's health issues, combined with food allergies, make it difficult to find a formula his tummy can handle.  The only one he tolerates costs between $70 and $100 per week.  That's over $3500 a year just for formula.  This is one of many expenses that make it difficult for Jayden's parents to make ends meet.

My goal for the book is to raise enough money to buy Jayden's formula for a year. I don't have a lot of sales data yet, but I know that during the pre-order period we raised enough to cover ten days, so we've only got 355 to go. :)

I'm going to keep a running total on the sidebar, so you can check up to see how we're doing.

Thanks again for all the support.  I really do believe it will make a difference.



P.S. The paperback is FINALLY up on Amazon!  And the Kobo and Google eBooks are now available too.  All purchase links are on the sidebar.


6 comments:

Joanne Fritz said...

Yes, and I ordered it! Can't wait! Should be here soon.

What you're doing is so lovely, Natalie. And I realize the formula is just one aspect of all this. I can't imagine the expense for health care and medications, etc.

Natalie said...

Thank you so much, Joanne!

Yes, the formula is just a tiny part of their expenses, but it seems like an achievable goal.

The Bell Bunch said...

Just finished the book! Amazing...hence why am awake at 3:00 am! Can't wait to get my friends and siblings reading The Secret Underground and helping Jaydens family. Great job, Natalie. What an awesome "project."

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Natalie! I think you are doing an AWESOME thing by donating the profits from the sale of the book to help Jayden's family.

I was just wondering, has anyone tried contacting the formula company to share about Jayden and his family? Perhaps they'd be willing to help out by donating some formula? Just a thought.

Natalie said...

Suzanne, that is such a good idea! They might have tried already, but I'm going to ask about it.

KGarcia said...

Sounds like a great book and a wonderful cause. Jayden is lucky to have you in his corner.