Today I wanted to honor my sweet friend and loyal critique partner, Karen Hooper, who sold her mermaid book, TANGLED TIDES, on Friday. YAY!!!
Karen is a master of fantasy. The world she builds in TANGLED TIDES is rich and magical, the story is brilliant, and the characters are deep and human (even though they aren't actually human). You will love this book.
To celebrate I'm going to give away my favorite debut so far this year, ENTWINED by Heather Dixon.
I don't want to spoil the story for anyone who hasn't read it, so I'm only going to say five things about it:
1. I hadn't heard about ENTWINED until my 17-year-old sister picked it up from the library.
2. She gushed as she read it multiple times, finally convincing me to pick up a copy.
3. It's a retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses (probably my favorite fairy tale ever).
4. I LOVED IT. The story is as gorgeous as the cover.
5. Heather Dixon has the most entertaining blog I have ever read (and I've read A LOT of blogs). Seriously. Check it out.
You can watch the book trailer here.
All you have to do to win the book is follow my blog and leave a comment. I'll announce the winner Monday, July 25.
And to make it easy to leave a comment I'll ask two questions: What's your favorite debut so far this year? And HOW EXCITED ARE YOU TO READ KAREN'S BOOK!?!?