Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Back!

After a very productive blogging break, I've decided to come out of my writing cave.

The break was wonderful. I think I've done more writing in the last three months than I'd done the whole year previous.

Still, I've missed my blog buddies and I've missed having a place to share my thoughts. Plus, there's been so much good news lately, and I was desperate for a blog celebration.

On Friday, one of my best friends and oldest writing buddies, Karen Hooper, announced her BOOK DEAL. This is huge, as she is the first one in my critique group to reach this step. I'm so proud of her and so excited for her. Her book, about mermaids, is titled TANGLED TIDES, and it is awesome. You're going to love it.

So on Wednesday, to celebrate Karen's big news, I'm going to give away a copy of my favorite debut this year. Trust me, you want it. It's REALLY good.

What have you all been up to?!?

17 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Yay--glad you're back. I was just thinking of you the other day! Great news for Karen too!

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Yay!!!!!!

Yay for you being back!

And yay for my peeps getting released into the world soon! :)

xoxoxo

Trisha Leaver said...

Welcome back. Glad to hear you got a boat-load of writing done. Heading over to Karen's blog to send my congrats now. I love to read about that kind of news! Great way to start a Monday.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Hooray for Karen! So glad to see you back! I' curious about your favorite debut.

storyqueen said...

Welcome back! Hoping the writing is going well.

Shelley

Sara McClung ♥ said...

Welcome back!!! :)

Mary Campbell said...

Yay - you're back. Glad you're break was productive. So awesome for Karen. I've been doing a lot of family things and trying to get motivated to write some more of my WIP's. I did write some character profiles and that opened of some new plot ideas.

Alexandra Shostak said...

Karen IS the best! I love her!

I'm doing a blog giveaway, too. On Thursday... ;) Great minds!

Pam Torres said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to following you.

Patti said...

Welcome back and yeah for Karen.

Jemi Fraser said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear your break was so productive. :)

Congrats to Karen!! :)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Welcome back!

What have I been up to? Working hard at editing... and being an incubator for baby #3 who I pray is a girl!

Sarah Forgrave said...

Welcome back! Tangled Tides...I love that title!

VR Barkowski said...

Welcome back, Natalie, and huge congrats to Karen! Love all this good news. :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I'm so glad you're back. I've been gone for the last couple of weeks. And Karen's news is FANTASTIC!! :-)

erica m. chapman said...

Hey! Oh, so good to see you back, and even better that you had a productive time away!!! Whoooo!!!

YAY Karen!!!! That's such great news ;o)

Terri Tiffany said...

Welcome back! Like you I am getting a ton of writing done with the pressure to read and write blogs. Love it!