Sunday, October 23, 2011

Seeing Both Sides


I'm tired of people who preach tolerance in one breath and belittle people who dare to think differently than them in the next.

I'm tired of people who don't try to understand the other side.

I'm tired of angry words.

I'm tired of hate.


I believe most people are good.

I believe most politicians want what's best for our country.

I believe most churches are filled with good people who want to serve others and serve the god they worship.


Maybe this makes me stupid. Or blind. Or both.

It probably shows how naive I am.

Oh well.


I just think that maybe we'd live in a better world if we spent less time trying to be heard and more time trying to hear and understand others.

11 comments:

Keisha Martin said...

I think these things everyday.

DL Hammons said...

That's why TOLERANCE is up high on my list of underused words...and concepts!! I'm with you. :)

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I am here.
~ Wendy

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

I agree wholeheartedly.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

*standing ovation* WELL SAID!!! :-)

Lisa Aldin said...

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!

Terri Tiffany said...

I believe you believing this way makes you a great person!!Keep it up!

Janna Qualman said...

Yes. Absolutely. I have had many similar thoughts and conversations of late.

Your last line is the truth. I wish more people could see it!

Patti said...

Agree 100%.

Julie Dao said...

AMEN! I totally agree. There's way too much judgment out there. Just reading the comments in some of those news stories on CNN or WSJ makes me afraid at how cold and cynical people are these days.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Agreed. Great post, Natalie. :)