Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Last Minute Jitters

The Secret Underground comes out FRIDAY!!!

People keep asking me if I'm excited.  I attempt to smile and nod, but to be honest I'm way more terrified than excited.  I feel like I have a billion emotions about the book release and many of them are conflicting.

I want the book to do well for Jayden.  I want people to buy it and read it and leave reviews and tell their friends.

But I'm also really scared to have it out in the world where people can buy it and read and hate it and leave really mean one star reviews and tell their friends it sucks.

Yep.  It's a fun place to be. I'm wondering if this is how all authors feel.


4 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

I'm quite confident that people are going to love your book. I know I can't wait to read it!

And when it comes to the one-star reviews, I say don't read them. Instead, enjoy the moment. You're doing a beautiful thing and have written what is certainly a beautiful book. Revel in the jitters--your first book only gets published once, right?

Congratulations on a job well done! (And I hope you get to rest and relax in a month or so after the debut extravaganza has died down!)

Tracy Loewer said...

I'm so excited for you, Natalie - it's going to be great! Please don't focus on possible bad reviews. Every author gets them! Just have fun and enjoy the moment.

Tracy xoxo

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Yes, it is. Hang in there with grace, as you always do. xo

John Waverly said...

Congrats!

Just keep taking one day at a time. And keep writing down your experiences and feelings, it will be fun to look back on in the future.