Thursday, February 4, 2010

Award Happiness

Well, it's that time again. I've received a few awards this last month and I need to say thanks and pass them on!

First up is Happy 101 which was given to me by Stephanie Thronton (I'm so excited to read her historical novel about Hatshepsut, the first successful female Pharaoh--it sounds fabulous), Karen Denise (who writes dystopian YA, the genre I WISH I could write) and Marybeth (Poppins) Smith (who is hilarious, really).




I think I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy, so here goes:




1. Snuggling with my kids at bedtime (they are just sweeter at bedtime)
2. Chocolate cake
3. 70 degree weather
4. Hot baths
5. Great books
6. Kisses
7. Sleep
8. A clean house
9. Being with my family
10. Lasagna

I'd like to give this award to three happy people who are new to me and new to the blogging world. So go visit them! It always makes me happy to meet someone new.

Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment
Christine Danek at Christine's Journey



And thank you to Kristin at Another Gray Day (she writes and bakes and writes about baking and books) and Roni at Fiction Groupie (who, as I've said before, writes one of my very favorite blogs about writing, it's a must read) for the Over the Top Award.



For this one we're supposed to answer the following questions with just one word.




Your Cell Phone? Tracfone
Your Hair? Brown
Your Mother: Artist
Your Father? Smart
Your Favorite Food? Chocolate
Your Dream Last Night? Weird
Your Favorite Drink? Water
Your Dream/Goal? Author
What Room Are You In? Office
Your Hobby? Writing
Your Fear? Rejection
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? Published
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something You Aren't? Mathematician
Muffins? Yes
Wish List Item? Motivation
Where Did You Grow Up? West
Last Thing You Did? Breakfast
What Are You Wearing? Sweatshirt
Your TV? PBS
Your Pets? Dog
Friends? Many
Your Life? Lovely
Your Mood? Happy
Missing Someone? Always
Vehicle? Van
What You Aren't Wearing? Makeup
Your Favorite Store? Target
Your Favorite Color? Yellow
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Today
Last Time You Cried? Yesterday
Your Best Friend? Husband
One Place You Go Over And Over Again? Refrigerator
Facebook? Confusing
Favorite Place To Eat? Italian

I'd like to give this award to Frankie at Frankie Writes, because I met her in person last weekend, and she is the first writer/extrovert I've ever come across. She's absolutely darling and her blog is Over The Top. And also to Elana Johnson (even though she probably doesn't do awards anymore because she's practically a professional blogger). Her posts are so helpful to me. If you aren't reading them, you should be.

Whew, that was quite the blog. If you skimmed to the end for the question of the day I won't leave you hanging! Today's question is:

What makes you happy?

22 comments:

Nicole Ducleroir said...

Natalie!!! Thank you so much for the award! You are going to laugh -- I was just reading the comments you received from yesterday's post and checking out the sites of those who posted when this entry popped up. How crazy is that? I had to look twice when I saw my name. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

((hugs)) Nicole

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for the nice words. :) I'm with you on the mathematician thing. Thank God for calculators.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Congrats on your awards and thanks for your kind words about Hatshepsut. This is the month I start querying!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Awwww thank you!!! And LOL! Really, Im the only extrovert writer you've ever met? I thought we were all that way:-)

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Congrats! You deserve them. And now I wish I had chocolate cake.

Jessica said...

Congrats on your awards! I agree, kids at bedtime are so sweet. :-) My kids almost always make me happy!
Elana is a great blogger and MaryBeth always makes me laugh.

L.T. Elliot said...

Great awards and congratulations!!

And you're so right. They're way sweeter at bedtime. Mmmmm. Cuddles.

Paul Greci said...

Congrats on the awards!! I hope you are having a great day!!

I love Roni's and Elana's blogs, too!

Lisa and Laura said...

Yay for the awards! Well-deserved!

I'm watching last night's episode of My Life as Liz right now and I have to say, Liz singing during the talent show made me very happy!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on getting those awards! I loved reading your answers. In fact, I had a lot of the same answers on my Over The Top Award:)

I have so many things that make me happy, but my kids have to be number one. Especially when they're not fighting!

Tamika: said...

Congratlations on your awards Natalie! Well deserved.

There are so many things that make me happy it's hard to choose one...Jesus! He is the reason for my joy.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Congrats! The refrigerator answer is hilarious. I wonder what would happen if I counted how many times a day I peer into that box! :D

Lisa and Laura said...

Congrats on the award!! Frankie seems like she'd be hilarious in person. I'm so jealous you met her. And Elana is AMAZING. Seriously. Every post she writes is SO relevant. How does she do that?

Sarah Skilton said...

Your lists are great. My favorite was the simple but effective, "Muffins? Yes."

I'll be sure to check out the other bloggers you mentioned. Thanks!

Linda Kage said...

Congrats on the awards! You're on a roll.

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats on the awards. Love your answers.

Sarah Forgrave said...

That 70-degree weather sounds nice, considering I'm watching a winter storm happen outside my window. :-)

And those one-word answers could be tough for a wordy wordsmith like me. :-)

Mary Campbell said...

Congratulations on your awards - I am definitely not a mathematician either and a lot of the same things make me happy too.

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the awards - love chocolate too!!

Sandy Shin said...

Aw, thank you so much for the award! <3

Chocolate cakes, great books, and a clean house do make my day, too!

Diana Paz said...

Congrats on all the awards, your answers are great!!

David said...

Congratulations on your awards! The back of your first novel should mention you're an award winning author :-).