Before you become impressed I should probably tell you that I will most likely listen to half of these books, and another quarter will be chapter books or easy middle grade. But it's still cool, right?
So I think I'm supposed to have a post listing the books I've read so far this year, so you can all see that I am actually reading 100 books and not just pretending to read them. Plus, you can all giggle at my reading choices.
This is what I've read so far this year:
1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
2. Soulless by Gail Carriger
3. The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl
4. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
5. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
8. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
9. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
10. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
11. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
12. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
13. Stargirl by Jerry Sprinelli
14. The Ranger's Apprentice #1 by John Flanagan
15. The Ranger's Apprentice #2 by John Flanagan
16. The Ranger's Apprentice #3 by John Flanagan
17. Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
18. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
19. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
20. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
21. The Black Tulip by Alexander Dumas
22. Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business by Barbara Park
23. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
24. The Shifter by Janice Hardy
25. The Giver by Lois Lowry
Yeah, I've been reading a lot of Roald Dahl. He was my favorite author when I was a kid, so I got my daughter the Roald Dahl collection for Christmas. We've been reading them together every night. So, I can guarantee there will be a lot of Roald Dahl in the final 100.
Anyway, check back if you're ever curious about what I'm reading. I won't ever do reviews, because I don't think I have reviewing skills. Plus I don't want to say negative things on the internet if I hate a book. That wouldn't be nice. But if you are dying to know what I think of a book (because my taste in literature is so excellent--as you can see from my list), feel free to email me.
What are you reading right now? Do you have any recommendations for great MG reads or books meant for grown ups? (My reading list appears to be mostly YA, and I can only take so much teen angst).