Friday, December 11, 2009

Agent Appreciation Day

I'm a little late to the party, but I just read on Lisa and Laura's blog that today is Agent Appreciation Day, and I wanted to appreciate my lovely agent Sara Megibow.

Here are 3 things wonderful things about Sara:

1. She is ALWAYS positive (even when she's 9 months pregnant, which is pretty darn amazing if you ask me).

2. She believes in me and my writing. It is still incredible to me that the same woman who plucked Jamie Ford's HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET (which is SO WORTH READING if you haven't yet) from the slush pile also connected with my little middle grade adventure. And I love her for it!

3. She is about the coolest person I know (example #1, example #2)

There you go. I am so, so grateful that Sara is my agent. I can't imagine any agent who'd be better for me.

If you want to check out all the other agents being appreciated today, go visit Lisa and Laura-- they have a huge list. Happy Agent Appreciation Day!

17 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, she does sound cool. And I LOVE your title.

Bethany Mattingly said...

Sounds like she's an amazing agent! I have an award for you at my blog!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I remember thinking what an amazing woman she is after reading example #1 in the spring. Perfect for you!

Paul Greci said...

I've heard so many good things about Sara. I've been meaning to check out Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Thanks for the reminders. I was late to the party too. I'm usually late to all online parties since I live in Alaska. I just posted my appreciation for Jennifer DeChiara.

Stephanie Thornton said...

I have Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet in my pile of books to read. It sounds like Sara is pretty darn awesome, especially if she can be sunny while 9 months pregnant. Yay for both of you!

staceyjwarner said...

Mutual appreciation is always a good thing.

much love

Sarah Skilton said...

Hear, hear! Sara is an extraordinary person, and so enthusiastic.

Janna Qualman said...

That's wonderful! To not imagine a better agent is an incredible thing. Congrats on your partnership!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Being positive at nine months pregnant... that is pretty amazing! Congrats on a fantastic agent.

Jemi Fraser said...

These Agent stories are awesome! Glad you two found each other :)

Tabitha Bird said...

congrats on that wonderful agent. Sorry I foget you singed with an agent this year. I should have included you in my blog shout out. Never mind. I'll get you when that book comes out :)

B.J. Anderson said...

Wow, she sounds so cool!! :D

L.T. Elliot said...

What a great day! Agents should be appreciated. They work so hard. I'm glad you love your agent and I think "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" was an EXCELLENT find!

Georgina said...

I wish I had an agent to celebrate, but thanks to your post I now know what qualities to look for when eventually start looking for one! Have an awesome weekend! - G

V. S said...

It must feel amazing to have such an incredible agent. Congratulations Natalie!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Natalie, what a blessing to have such a wonderful agent, and sounds like it goes both ways. :) Looking forward to hearing more about your book.

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats, Natalie! Sara sounds fabulous! I'm so happy for both of you! :)