Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Kissing Day was awesome! I really enjoyed reading everyone's scenes. I didn't get to every one, because there were so many, but I think I read most of them. It turned out to be an awesome way to meet new people too. Thank you Sherrinda for hosting the day. You should check out some of the posts if you haven't already.


The award I want to share today is the Kreativ Blogger. I've received this one a few times so thank you to:

Thomas Taylor- A picture book writer and illustrator living in France and working on his first MG novel.

V.R. Barkowski- A lovely blogger who focuses her posts on her writing journey.

Melissa-A busy mom of 2 who writes YA sci-fi and fantasy.

Erica- A YA Paranormal writer who is also a major Twitterer (follow her at @EricaWrites).

This award has rules that I'm going to try to follow... sort of.

-Thank the person (or people) who gave you the award.
-Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
-Choose 7 other bloggers to award and link to their blogs

7 Things:

1. I'm horribly allergic to cats (my face gets all puffy, my eyes start to swell shut, and any part of me that comes in contact with cat hair breaks out in hives), but I'm not allergic to dogs.

2. I got my degrees in Print Journalism and American Studies. It's been 7 years since I graduated and I don't really remember anything. (Why did I go to college?)

3. I've moved 6 times in the last 6 years.

4. I read about 20 times more picture books and MG and YA novels than books meant for adults. I guess I never grew up.

5. I am an art mom for my daughter's kindergarten class, even though I can't even draw a decent stick figure.

6. I love cookies, especially Christmas cookies.

7. My favorite book ever is probably Charles Dickens' A TALE OF TWO CITIES.


Since I've received this award a few times I'm going to give it to more than 7 people. I've selected 20 bloggers who all have kreativ blogs (or spelling). Most of these blogs have a little different format than regular writing blogs and they are all fun reads. They are:

Catherine Denton at Winged Writer
Dawn Simon at Plotting and Scheming
Devon Ellington at Ink in My Coffee
The Girl with One Eye at A Squirrel Among Lions
Kelly Lyman at Kelly's Compositions
Bethany Mattingly at Aspirations
Jeannie Campbell at The Character Therapist
Voidwalker at Into the Void
Jessie Oliveros at Louder than Noise
Belle at Ms. Bookish

Once again, these are NO PRESSURE awards! Don't feel like you need to pass them on, accept them, or post them (unless you want to of course). Just know that I appreciate you.

I think this will be my last post until after Christmas. Happy Holidays to all of you! More awards next week.

30 comments:

Nisa said...

I love "A Tale of Two Cities", I can't draw to save my life and I can so sympathize with your moving experience.

Merry Christmas!

Bane of Anubis said...

Happy Holidays. 6 times in 6 years? -- I like moving every few years, but that's pretty steep.

destrella said...

I'm sure there are boxes of stuff that you have not opened in years! Wow. :O)

Bethany Mattingly said...

Thanks so much for my award!! and congrats on your awards!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congrats to you and all of your recipients! Have a great Christmas, Natalie. :-)

Thomas Taylor said...

Thanks for the mention:)

I'm sorry about the cats.

Happy Christmas to you and your family!

Mary said...

Oh - I just noticed you awarded me. Thank you so much Natalie. I think you're awesome and way Kreativ too.

Kelly Lyman said...

Wow! An early Christmas present for me. Thanks so much for the award! Have a wonderful holiday!

CKHB said...

Cool! (I used to be that allergic to horses.)

Erica said...

Interesting stuff! I got my degree in Journalism too. And like you, I don't remember much... Ha! I also read YA novels more than the adult ones - I think that's why I love to write them too.

Congrats to the winners of the award and to you Natalie!

Have a Merry Christmas :o)

Erica said...

Oh... thanks for the twitter shout out too - you're too sweet :o)

Tabitha Bird said...

I love cookies too! we call them biscuits, but they taste the same :)

Merry Christmas!!

Amy Tate said...

Congrats on your award! I love the Tale of Two Cities too.

sherrinda said...

6 times in 6 years? That's crazy! I'm so sorry! lol It's good to get to know you better!

Aubrie said...

Thank you so much for my award! I'm so excited. Congrats on your awards and Happy Holidays!

Lisa and Laura said...

We've moved four times in the past five years and I thought that was bad! I told my husband I'm never moving again and I mean it! Happy holidays!

Jessica said...

Awww, I love your seven things! I hope you find a place to settle (if that's what you want) and I'm totally with you about college. Why bother? LOL! (except I actually do like school)

V. S said...

Thank you Natalie! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Sarah Forgrave said...

I'm in awe of the fact that you are an art mom even though you can't draw a decent stick figure. There's hope for me, after all. :-)

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Oooh I see some people on that list I dont follow yet. Gonna go check them out. Congrats on the award. You def deserve it. Merry Christmas! XO
Click for my holiday message!

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm horribly allergic to cats, too. :)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Janna Qualman said...

Congrats to the recipients! And Merry Christmas to you and yours, Natalie.

Anissa said...

Merry Christmas, Natalie! I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

L.T. Elliot said...

Ooh. I'm sorry about the allergies. That's awful. How wonderful that "A Tale of Two Cities" is your favorite! (And picture books, MG, and YA are all great things! I don't blame you for reading it!)

devonellington said...

I am honored! I will pay this forward in tomorrow's blog.

All the best for a joyful holiday season and a great new DECADE (gulp).

Southern Princess said...

love love love your blog!

;o)

Sorry but I had to - you are tagged


http://princesscourtneysbarr.blogspot.com/2009/12/frankie-did-you-realize-that-there-are.html

Wendy said...

Thank you for the award Natalie! I will do my post tomorrow after Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas to you! I hope it's a wonderful one for you :D

Tracy said...

Thanks for the award, Natalie! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope you have lots of fun!

Catherine Denton said...

Thank you Natalie, how sweet. I enjoy gleaning insight from your blog.

Chelle Sandell said...

Awww! I haven't been able to check blogs out lately and just saw this...THANKS!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!