This has been a great year for my writing and I'm so excited about 2010, so I thought I'd share some of my 2009 activities and 2010 goals.
Top 10 things I did for my writing in 2009 (in chronological order):
1. I finished the first novel I've really felt good about
2. I queried that novel and got some encouraging feedback, though it was ultimately rejected
3. I joined a critique group with the three coolest girls ever
4. I revised and rewrote until my eyes glazed over, my knuckles were sore, and I had a manuscript I was REALLY proud of
5. I resubmitted to Sara and sent out a few new queries
7. I started this blog and met hundreds of people who love to write, just like me!
9. She submitted my manuscript to REAL publishers
10. I started my current project--one that I'm SO excited about (and I also started about 10 others--half of which I still want to finish)
Ten things I will do in 2010 to become a better writer:
1. Get on a schedule!!! (The first one I'm going to try is 1000 words a day BEFORE blogging--yes I've tried this before. It's going to work this time!)
2. Blog 3 times a week
3. Try to keep up with blogging/writing friends by going through my Google Reader at least once a week.
4. Post on Twitter at least once a day
5. Finish my rough draft by January 29th
6. Go to SCBWI with my critique group girls!!!
7. Get current project to betas by March
8. Read and critique friends' projects. Learn from their brilliance.
9. Finish current project by June and start a new one
10. Read 100 books!
So now you tell me, what did you accomplish with your writing in 2009? What are your goals for 2010?
And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
(Oh, and I probably gave you an award in the last few weeks, scroll down and check it out.)