Saturday, December 26, 2009

Humane Writing

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Hanukkah, or a nice other holiday. Mine was wonderful. We have family in town, so my blogging will be sporadic for the next week or so.

I still have several awards to give out, so I'm going to do two today.

The first is the Humane Award which I received from a lovely friend and YA writer, Dawn Simon. I'm not sure why I deserve this award since I don't feel like I do much for humanity (or dogs). But we did get my dog from a rescue organization, and I clean up after him when he pees on the floor, so I guess that's pretty humane.

I'm going to pass it on to 5 blogs that I think make the world a little brighter place. They are:


Eileen Astels at A Christian Romance Writer's Journey
Roxane Salonen at Peace Garden Mama
Teressa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle
Shannon O'Donnell at Book Dreaming


The other award for today is the Superior Scribbler Award. I got this award from Thomas (author/illustrator extraordinare) and Kelly (YA sci-fi/fantasy/romance writer). I'm passing it along to 5 blogs that I always enjoy reading. They are:



Jemi Fraser at Just Jemi
Paul Greci at Northwriter
Stephenie at Hapshepsut: The Writing of a Novel
Tricia at Talespinning







Thanks to all of you for your excellent blogs and comments!

13 comments:

Nisa said...

Hey, that sounds deserving enough to me! Enjoy your family!

Marybeth Poppins said...

Enjoy your company :)

Catherine Denton said...

Sharing your wisdom with us is kindly humane.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

You are most humane and funny! Congratulations on your bonanza of awards, which you deserve, and thank you so much for sharing the Superior Scribbler with me (I confess I've been given it before but I thank you heartily nonetheless. It is a good feeling to be appreciated by fellow writers).

B.J. Anderson said...

Congrats on the blog and yay to those you passed it out to. I hope you had a great Christmas, too! :D

L.T. Elliot said...

Congrats on the awards, to both you and the awardees! =] Enjoy your company and have a lovely week!

Tamika: said...

Your gentle spirit makes you more humane than most. Congratulations to you and all the deserving winners!

Have a Happy New Year!

Amy Tate said...

Congratulations to all the winners...and to you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Miss Natalie!

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Hope your xmas was fab. Enjoy time with your family. And congrats on yet another award. ;)

Stephanie Thornton said...

Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing the Superior Scribbler on to me. Happy New Year!

JMay said...

How fun, congrats on all the awards.

So fun to find other writers on here :-) I will be following your updates!

Voidwalker said...

Nice job on all the awards recently. You are rocking it!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks Natalie - you're such a sweetie! I hope you have a great time with your company. It's been busy here too - blogging has taken a back seat in my world too! And that's a good thing - family first is my motto :)